Thursday, May 31, 2007

Assignment # 2

“Caught by the Sea”

"I was at the mast, out of the way, but to catch the sail I would have move out away from the mast where the boom could get me, and as soon as I moved it caught me in the middle of the chest and swept me off the boat.” (Paulsen, p. 53)
This passage strikes me, because it was happening when Paulsen was having trouble with the water. He was trying to reach the sail that was in the water, but as he tries to reach it the water hits him in the chest and he fall off the boat. I really didn’t think he was going to make it back at the boat. I thought it was going to be the end for him, but he made back to the boat.

3 comments:

Zhiling Zeng said...

Hello, Rebeca,
"This passage strikes me, because it was happening when Paulsen was having trouble with the water."

What does this mean? Do you mean this passage strikes you because two bad things happen at the same time to Gary Paulsen?

Md khieu said...

"This two sentences are simple because they oniy have one independent clause."

What do you mean "oniy"? Do you mean only?

Shiau-Chwan, Ng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.